Terms & Conditions
Important Legal Notices and Terms of Access & Use
The content, information, documents, organization, gathering, compilation, presentation, and all other aspects of this website (“Site”) are the work of JBI, Inc. and/or its third party providers and are protected under applicable copyright, trademark and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. This website and its contents contain general background information only and none of the information constitutes a representation or warranty by JBI, Inc.
Changes and Special Additional Terms and Conditions
JBI, Inc. may revise its terms & conditions at any time without notice. You should revisit this Site periodically to make sure you are aware of the most recent terms & conditions because they will be binding on you. Your use of the Site after such changes constitutes your agreement to such changes.
You are advised to check each page you visit on the Site. Some locations may have special additional terms and conditions that apply to use of or interaction with that location. These terms and conditions may also be changed at any time without notice. Your use of that location constitutes your acceptance of those special additional terms and conditions.
Use of the Site
A. Site Security. You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of the Site. Any such violations may result in criminal and civil liabilities to you. We will investigate any alleged violations, and, if a criminal violation is suspected, we will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in their investigations. Violations of the security of the Site include, without limitation, the following:
- Logging into or attempting to log into a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
- Accessing data or taking any action to obtain services not intended for you or your use;
- Attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system, subsystem or network;
- Tampering, hacking, modifying or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines with the intent or effect of damaging, destroying, disrupting or otherwise impairing a computer's functionality or the operation of the Site;
- Interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any system, data or information, or
- Interfering with service to any user, host, or network including, without limitation, by means of overloading, "flooding," "mailbombing," or "crashing" any computer system.
C. Infringement. You are prohibited from using the Site to infringe on any person's copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property rights. We may terminate your right to access the Site if we believe you are using the Site in a manner that infringes the copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property rights of another. You may be ordered by a court to pay money damages to us and to the rightful owner of any intellectual property rights you violate.
D. Other Prohibited Actions. In using the Site, you must not:
- Post, e-mail, link or otherwise transmit or use the Site in furtherance of any unlawful, harmful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, any material that exploits children or is invasive of another person's privacy or other rights, or any material that JBI, Inc. in its sole discretion does not wish posted or transmitted on the Site;
- Continue to send e-mail to a recipient who has indicated that he/she does not wish to receive a communication from you;
- Engage in and/or encourage conduct that would: 1) violate any applicable law or regulation or 2) give rise to civil liability;
- Engage in conduct which could damage or impair the intended operability of the Site;
- Impersonate any individual or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your identity or affiliation in any way; or forge, delete or alter any part of TCP/IP packet header information in any e-mail or other posting;
- Engage in deceptive online marketing, or
- Assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above.
F. Consequences of Unacceptable Use. We reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or delete any of your content as well as suspend or terminate without notice your access to the Site upon a violation or attempted violation of this agreement. Indirect or attempted violations of this agreement, and actual or attempted violations by a third party acting on your behalf, shall be deemed violations by you of this agreement. Furthermore, it is a violation of this agreement to use the services of another company for the purpose of facilitating any of the activities which violate this agreement if such use of another company's service could reasonably be expected to adversely affect the Site any manner.
G. No Licensing. By your use of the Site you receive no license, express or implied, under any patent rights or trade secret rights now or hereafter, owned, controlled or possessed by JBI, Inc.
This website is Copyright © JBI, Inc. 2009 - 2012. All rights reserved.
You may download, display and print material on this website for non-commercial use only, provided that the above copyright notice appears in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation, and that the name of JBI, Inc. is not used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of this documentation without specific, written prior permission. Any other copying, distribution, re-transmission or publication of any material posted on this website is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of JBI, Inc.
Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license or right under any JBI, Inc. patent, copyright or trademark.
The trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on this website are the property of JBI, Inc. or other third parties. Users are not permitted to use these Marks without the prior written consent of JBI, Inc. or any such third party which may own the Mark. Trademarks of JBI, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All other trademarks mentioned in this document or website are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between JBI, Inc. and any other company.
All other names are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL JBI, INC. HAVE ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN INFORMATION ON THE SITE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR EXPENSES THAT MAY OCCUR WHILE ACCESSING THE SITE, OR ANY LINKED SITE, OR THE INABILITY TO ACCESS THESE SITES; OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE. THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE MAY BE INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE AND MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE. JBI, INC. WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL PUNITIVE AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
JBI, Inc. disclaims all liability for the unauthorized use of the information contained on this website and makes no representations or warranties with respect to its accuracy or completeness. You are responsible for compliance with all laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, codes and guidelines in connection with the use of the JBI, Inc. products.
User Responsibility to Protect against Viruses
JBI, Inc. has no intention of distributing any electronic materials designed to deliberately cause errors in or disrupt use of any computer system. However, it is your responsibility to take precautions to ensure that whatever you may download from this website is free of such items as viruses and other items of a destructive nature.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This website is controlled by JBI, Inc. from its offices in Thorold, Ontario, in Canada. All matters relating to access to, or use of, this website shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York and the United States. Any legal action or proceeding relating to access to, or use of, this website or the information it contains shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in the County and State of New York. By accessing or using this website, you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in, these courts in any such legal action or proceeding.
Indemnity- of JBI, Inc.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend JBI, Inc. (including subsidiaries and affiliates of JBI, Inc.), as well as JBI, Inc. officers, directors and employees, from and against any claim, demand, cause of action, debt, loss or liability, including reasonable attorneys' fees, to the extent that such action is based upon, arises out of, or relates to your violation of these terms and conditions.
Disclosure: Forward-Looking Statements
Some of the information on this Site may contain projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of JBI, Inc. We wish to caution you that these statements are only predictions and that actual events or results may differ materially. We refer you to the documents that JBI, Inc. files from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission, specifically, JBI, Inc.'s most recent Forms 10-K and 10-Q. These documents contain and identify important factors that could cause the actual results to differ materially from those contained in our projections or forward-looking statements.
Last updated on: March 29, 2012